Wizard 4000® Online Trouble-Shooting guide
Wizard 4000® Online Trouble-Shooting Guide
|WIZARD ELECTRONIC SCALES: Our electronic scales sense weight through a shear beam strain gauge load cell mounted in a hardware assembly beneath the platform. The shear beam load cell accepts load at one end of the beam and thus deflects (or strains) a Wheatstone bridge within the load cell. This deflection causes a change in microvoltage (millivolt / volt signal) proportional to the applied load, which is displayed as a weight or volume on our multi-channel digital weight indicator.|
Symptom: WIZARD DISPLAY WILL NOT CHANGE
Possible Cause: POWER SURGE or IMPROPER FIELD CALIBRATION
This is usually due to either A) an improper field calibration (setting zero and span at the same signal value) or B) a stray voltage or power surge. To "unlock" the Wizard, you first must reset the Wizard:
- Push and hold the "Delete" button
- While holding the "Delete" button, push the "Reset" button for 2 seconds. Note: The reset button is not marked, but it is to the left of the LCD display and is raised just like the other buttons
- After 2 seconds release the "Reset" button but continue to hold down the "Delete" button until the display reads "NET WEIGHT" or…
- If display reads "YES *NO", choose "NO". If it reads "ENTER SCALE #", choose a different scale number than you did before.
- Using code set up 9081, perform a field calibration (Link to drawing b19.pdf) per the Operation Manual.
Symptom: NEGATIVE WEIGHT READINGS
Possible Cause: INCORRECT ZERO OR TARE WEIGHT
This is usually caused by operator error and is due to either A) Zeroing the scale with a full tank on the scale, or B) An improper tare weight being entered.
To correct the problem:
- Push the DISPLAY SELECT button until TARE WEIGHT is displayed. Check to make sure that this tare weight matches the tare weight of your chemical vessel. If it is not correct, push the TANK LOAD button, choose MANUAL mode then follow the screen prompts until the Wizard asks for TANK TARE WEIGHT. Input your correct tare weight and press ENTER.
- If above does not solve your problem, remove your portable chemical tank or empty your stationary tank and use the SET SCALE ZERO function in the MENU.
Symptom: CALIBRATION OR ZERO DOES NOT SEEM CORRECT
Possible Cause: INCORRECT FIELD CALIBRATION or POWER SURGE
This is usually caused by operator error, but can also be due to a voltage surge, scale relocation or equipment changes.
- Enter "9088" code set-up to get into the Calibration Factor. The first number displayed should correspond to the calibration factor that was recorded by the factory technician on the inside front cover (enclosure door) of the Wizard. If the numbers do not match, use the keypad to restore the factory calibration.
- Push ENTER. The next number should be the ZERO NUMBER. This is the Zero setting that should have been recorded by the customer on the inside of the front cover of the Wizard when the scale was originally installed. If the number is not correct, use the keypad to restore the original Zero. If no ZERO factor was ever recorded on the inside of the enclosure door, the only way to correct an inaccurate zero is to remove all weight from the scale and then follow the SET SCALE ZERO (Link to drawing b09.pdf) procedure.
- Press ENTER twice. The MOT CTS and FILTER are factory set and should not be altered.
Symptom: "AMOUNT USED" AND "FEED RATE" FUNCTIONS DO NOT WORK
Possible Cause: VOLTAGE SURGE or INDICATOR POWERED-UP < 24 HRS
Incorrect readings may be present until up to 24 hours after scale is powered up as memory registers fill. If caused by a voltage surge or stray voltage, it usually can be corrected by simply resetting the RAM:
- Enter "6969" and then push enter. This will restart the internal clock.
- After resetting the RAM, it is necessary to reset the internal clock. To do so, enter "9087" and re enter the correct time and date.
Symptom: TOP LINE OF DISPLAY IS SOLID BLACK
Possible Cause: VOLTAGE SPIKE
Caused by a voltage surge or stray voltage and indicates damage to the instrument. Must be returned to the factory. All repairs are done in 48 hours! Contact us.
Symptom: ERRATIC READINGS
Possible Cause: FRICTION OR BINDING
For any scale to operate properly, plumbing or other devices must not restrain the tank or platform. In order to eliminate any friction or binding in the system, all tank supply or feed connections must be flexible. If there is any friction or binding in the tank connections, fluctuations in readings may happen due to the load cell being restrained from moving up and down freely as temperature and weight changes.